Maximum 24 people
8 Bedrooms plus Bonus Room
The property has a fire pit near the house and on the beach.
100 feet of sandy lakefront and shallow water.
road side view
The property has a fire pit near the house and on the beach.
Maximum 12 people
TRANQUILITY has that log cabin feel, a cozy but roomy 4 bedroom home on the south side of Lake Missaukee in Northern Michigan. The beach, which is sandy with shallow water, also has a cozy fire pit with huge log seats for those campfire nights and roasted marshmallow treats.
Entering this home one feels ready to relax either in the sitting room right at the entrance, or in the living room overlooking the lake, or sitting on the deck to enjoy some lake breezes with a glass of iced tea.
The main floor has an open concept with the kitchen, dining and living area. The kitchen has everything that a group of 13 might need for making and enjoying their meals. The dining table seats 10 with room for 3 more at the counter. The Master bedroom (Queen bed) with its private bath is also on the main floor with another full bath and 2nd bedroom (Full over Full bunk).
The lower walk-out level has a family room (with a pull-out sofa), Laundry Area, Air Hockey table, along with 2 more bedrooms and a 3rd bath. Bedroom 3 has a Queen bed and the 4th has a Queen and Twin beds.
Seasonal Rates 2024
Date Range Daily Rate Weekly Rate
05/24 - 05/27 $650/nt (Memorial Day Weekend)
05/27 - 06/15 $600/nt $3500/wk
06/15 - 08/17 N/A $3800/wk (Peak Season)
08/17 - 08/30 $ 600/nt $3500/wk
08/30 - 09/02 $650/nt (Labor Day Weekend)
* Saturday to Saturday Rental during Peak Season
* Peak Season requires a 7 night stay.
* Minimum 3 night stay.
* 6% sales tax applies.
Contact to Reserve
Red dot or line represents 'Not Available'.
Past VRBO Reviews
Tracie L. said...
Aug 28, 2018
Memories Made on the Lake Last a Lifetime
Date of Stay
Aug 16, 2018
This home is everything it is described and pictured to be. A beautiful blend of natural beauty and a comfortable homey feel. There was plenty of room for our family of 11- we especially adored the large table that sat all of us and appreciated having some baby items available for use! The views were stunning, inside and out. We loved spending time on the deck and really enjoyed having a private beach area. The fire pit on the beach was fantastic and we also enjoyed the fire pit closer to the house- loved having a supply of firewood readily available! The lake itself is pretty shallow (and warm!), great for families with younger children -- it doesn't get deep until probably 50-yards out. Lake City was a short drive away and supplied almost everything we needed during our stay. Our family had an amazing time, made lots of memories and would recommend this rental for any season... don't forget to sign the wall! Thank you.
Aug 6, 2018
Great, great beach,water was fun grandkids loved it it was nice an shallow for long ways. Well kept
Date of Stay
Jul 26, 2018
This is a very nice place. Well kept. The beach an the lake was great are grandkids play in the lake morning till night. Hoping to return next year.
Nov 23, 2016
Beautiful House on Lake with all amenities
Date of Stay
Aug 4, 2016
Lovely and modern larger log-style house with all amenities on the lake. We had 7 adults and 3 teenagers and everyone was quite comfortable all the time. We also had a guest with special needs and the owners did all they could to help accommodate. Owner was very attentive and responsive throughout the entire pre-rental and rental process. We spent most of the time in the lake or on the jet ski and having family meals. Great kitchen / dining room / living room looking out onto deck and lake and sunsets. It's a quieter lake, so renting the jet ski for the week is highly recommended as it was always fun to use it. We all had a great trip and would certainly consider this property again if coming back to the area.
Recommended for: Families with Young Children, Girls Getaway, Families with Teenagers.
TALSMA VACATION RENTALS
Lake Missaukee 4 Bedroom Cottage, TRANQUILITY
At time of booking a Rental Agreement must be filled out, signed and dated and sent back to the owner with a copy of drivers license and $300 deposit.
1) CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3:30 P.M. EDT AND CHECK-OUT IS 9:30 A.M., local time. NO Early Check-ins.
2) This is a NON SMOKING unit.
3) PETS are not permitted in rental house or on property grounds under any conditions.
4) We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 26 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. This property will not be rented for reunions, weddings, bachelor, bachelorette parties, etc..
5) DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $300 is required. This must be received within seven (7) days of booking the reservation. The reservation deposit automatically converts to a damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, the damage deposit is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage or excessive wear and tear is done to unit or its contents. No moving of any bedroom furniture, living & family room furniture or dining table; please leave them in place.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in garbage totes. Please make use of the can/bottle cart at the door so that the trash is not filled with these items. There is recycling service in Lake City, ask for details.
d. Soiled dishes are cleaned and put away. Hand -wash all pots and pans. Dish Washer must be empty.
e. A load of towels is started.
f. All keys are on the kitchen table, windows closed & unit locked when left.
g. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
h. No linens or towels are lost or damaged.
i. No early check-in or late check-out.
j. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), or local law enforcement.
6) PAYMENT – 100% of rental fee is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the home rent. Please make advance payment in the form of bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks payable to Talsma Vacation Rentals. The advance payment is not a damage deposit.
7) NEIGHBORS – Being considerate and respectful of our neighbors’ peace and property is a must. Quiet time is from 10pm-8am, local time.
8) EVICTIONS - The owner reserves the right to evict paying guests (without refund of rental fees) should it be necessary for the integrity of property and /or neighborhood.
9) CANCELLATIONS - Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will forfeit reservation deposit. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. If the property is re-rented for the same time period of cancellation, the full advance payment and/or deposit will be returned. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
10) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to twelve (12) persons.
a. Only the number of guests that has been included in the agreed rental rate is permitted on the property. No visitors.
b. Four (4) vehicles maximum may be on the property, parked in the designated parking area.
c Noise must not be heard from the property from 10:00pm. to 8:00am., local time.
11) THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A ONE WEEK MINIMUM STAY DURING PEAK SEASON.
12) LIABILITY – The owner is not liable for any injuries, death or loss of personal property during the renter’s and/or guests’ rental stay in the home or on the property, including docks, boats, boat lifts, swim rafts. Guests will indemnify owner if any lawsuits arise from their stay.
13)The Owner works very hard to keep and maintain all aspects of the rental home in great running order. However, some things are beyond their control (such as, but not limited to: power outages, wifi/cable disruption, sudden malfunction of appliances, A/C, etc). In these instances, the owner is not obligated to any returning rental fees or refunds, but will do their best to rectify any problem within their ability
14) INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen and towel setup
15) NO MAID SERVICE - Linens and bath towels are included in the unit. Please bring your own beach towels! We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house for beach use.
16) RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice, unless rate has been locked in with a $300 deposit.
17) FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
18) WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
19) The OWNER/MANAGEMENT reserves the right to terminate the signed agreement should there be a breach made by the signing renter.